Saturday, July 5, 2008

The BIG Day at the RACES!! Happy 4th of July...

Race Day EVE...  By the car at the shop.  Jenna and Jesse and I stopped by to support
Michael in his final stage of prep...  WOULD it run!?!?
The shop with the car lifts and a couple of the other racer guys working on their cars.
ON THE TRACK!  Just coming up from the water mark.  Not quite spinning tires with smoke,
but squealing could be heard on the starting line approach~~~  Got off the line pretty well,
the car wasn't ALL that fast, 78mph all three time trials.  That just makes Michael want to pump up the engine???  GO FIGURE?!!!
Oh man!  That WAS exciting!  Talk about an adreaneline rush!!!  Officially a race car driver!
All afternoon/night Michael kept saying "This is just SO fun!  I just can't believe I'm doing this!?!?"  Neither could I!!!  
This is the family camp set up by our friends, food, camping, lots of family.
The night race with real competition and elimination...  Michael won his first run!!!
Second race had to be "re-run" and he lost to his friend from the shop.
LOTS of cars out there and we got home at 11:45pm.  Watched fireworks over the ocean
down the race track.  Really a fun day!

5 comments:

RayBeck said...

COOL< what did you end up naming the car

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm waiting to see that run 12.9 seconds in the quarter mile!!!
Not to bad for a $400.00 car huh? When are you going to paint it? I'd vote for a huge blower in the hood, huge slicks on the back, & orange & purple flames on a BLACK base color... JUST AN IDEA!
Let's see some videos of the bullet bikes running 165mph & 11seconds!
(JAKE)

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Looks like a crazy, fun, and eventful day! Wish we could have been there!

Amber said...

Wow, Go Dad Micheal! Looked like quite day!

Dadmichael said...

I so enjoy doing life with you. Thanks for supporting my new drag racing habit!