Monday, December 3, 2007

"Speciality" person--UNITED style

I GET to go work for UNITED!! Had to shop first... What
do you mean business attire? I wear tshirts from Old Navy, does that count?
Working at the airport has been one of those"back burner" dreams of mine.
Michael got 1 1/2 years with Island Air and we LOVED the flight bene's, even tho he didn't much like the job. I was excited... Full benefits and 1/2 time work, that's 18 hrs. a week, right???
Even went over to LA last Tues. 9:30pm flight to make TWO
1 hour appts. and then back to the airport for the 5 hr. flight to be back to Kauai for our Christmas Relief Society dinner
that night at 6:30pm... I was on the program, violining. Made it!
$62 of Super Shuttle taxi-ing and 10 hrs. on two FULL planes, sitting by the window both times with 2 other "full sized" adults in the row, BUT remember, I LOVE to fly! AND still DO!!!
Passed ALL the "stuff" and got my email to report to work THIS MONDAY at 8am...
WHAT?? 8AM Monday morning?? I don't go to school until
8:25ish!!! It's been raining, over 15 inches for the past week... Red dirt every where. I get picked up at 2pm, 1:20 on Wed.
You are going for a 2 week training to SF or LA? WHEEEEN? Some week soon? You are working for the next two weeks FULL time? What does that mean? OK, ROCKED my world when reality hit. Jesse would have been fine... He just wondered when we were flying to Japan and could he get that XBOX 360 since he would be stuck at the condo until Jenna moves here?
What's MISSING from this picture? A BOOK! right! Michael was saying "I told you the airport thinks they OWN you!" He has said all along that I really am a SPECIAL-ity person... One who runs my own time clock and business. He loves that I do, but he KNOWS I can't live a time clock and I JUST wanted to show him differently... He had already arranged a ticket to SF for Jan. 17 on mileage plus to visit his folks SO the loss of benes weren't a big deal to him!
I emailed my decline of the job Friday night after working at Tropical Tantrum and having a fit of my own... Thank you to Teri for talking me down! Started breathing again after the email and have dealt with reality much better since clicking send. I did receive a nice email back that I could contact them anytime and they would process me and get me that job... I realize that 26 yrs. ago I choose "motherhood" with the commitment to be there for the kids when this LITTLE guy was born. SO I have about one more year of "being there" before I can go and punch in "ON TIME" to a job/job. I know, there is no question that I have "WORKED" all these years, but is was around the lives of my kids and that is my lifestyle. Not right or wrong, just is. Now, I need to follow thru on setting up the REST of December with the concerts and Christmas music that is so in demand right now. How could I have thought that I could have double timed this season. I have 20 extra obligations this month with music alone. Michael laughs when I go to the plate closet and start spinning...

No comments: