One family made 12 sack lunches and went and passed them out to homeless people and
said "Merry Christmas Eve!!"
As the kids grew older they added to the sacks and now they go as adult kids and hand out about 55 lunches in SF on Christmas Eve.
I thought that was a REALLY nice gesture!
Another story was that every year one girls' dad got a new coat for Christmas.
The day before Christmas he would GIVE his year old coat to a homeless man on his way home from work and also a gift card for a meal...
That sounds like a WIN/WIN to me!!
The last story I heard that I liked was one year a family was struggling
so the kids made a list of all their favorites:
Favorite meal
Favorite day of the week
Favorite color
Favorite treat
Favorite movie
Favorite outdoor activity
Favorite family activity
The mom collected these lists.
And the mom made gift certificates for each child to use during the next year to make some special times and memories with her children...
Can I have a "childhood repeater" w/ my OWN kids? I liked this one A LOT!!
Merry Christmas!
And happy times going thru these next two weeks of "Christmas" build-up!
ho, Ho, HO,!
2 comments:
I remember when we were just married, & could not afford much for Christmas present so we gave each other a 'Coupon Book' The coupons were used like: I'll do the dishes, I'll mop the floor, I'll go shopping with you without complaining, you'll take the garbage out, & some stuff I can't write here. It didn't cost money, just time! Those were real gifts.
oh my gosh those are such sweet stories. Makes you think about what Christmas is all about, and you can't buy that at a store.
Post a Comment