Saturday, October 18, 2008

Harvest Festival-Senior Hawaii Style

I got up early to perform 9am w/ the Senior Ukulele group for their Harvest Craft/Food Fair.
'Tis the seasons of fall festivals here TOO!  No APPLE HILL, but we have a Coconut
Festival and craft and art shows going on all over the island...  My students are 
playing violin NEXT Sat. at the art show. 
I play ukulele and violin with this group.  We sound better on pitch w/ our
singing when I am playing the melody on the violin.
THEN, I changed costumes and had a DEBUT' as a HULA dancer!!!  I survived it!!
I was actually a bit nervous for some reason, you know, random flanging my arms around
in the air telling a story to dance w/ Hawaiian music and words being sung, 
SO NO!  I cannot usually tell where we are heading w/ the story until the others lead out!???
This was talking about the the waves at Nawiliwili, notice my RED/PINK lipstick
for the stage! 
I kinda liked doing the hula tho, and I only looked 1/2 retarded,
Sharon/Kates/Jordan came to watch and they actually said I looked ok...  Amazing!!
I now have a REAL mu mu and this was a borrowed outfit.
This is how far the contractors have gotten w/ the building, SO it should almost be 
quiet when Jerry/Mark get here!?!?  Indoor work is quiet-er!  This is right outside 
our kitchen window.

2 comments:

RayBeck said...

wow, they are so near done building, yeah, no noise soon for you. You can sleep again, love Bec

Jacki said...

At Stake Conference last weekend there was a violinist. I cried when she performed because it reminded me of you! I love the violin.