Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pig on a stick for Sunday dinner

Cindy and Bill Morgan, from Idaho, our friends from the first year we lived here... are visiting! They hooked up with THEIR friend, Tongan Steve WHO invited us all to a family Luau pig feast! in his back yard in Anahola, by Kong Mountain last Sunday afternoon and evening!
Michael observing the pig on a BIG stick cooking over a pit!
One of the rotisss cooks taking his turn to cook the pig, turning it BY hand!
Pig is DONE!
Chopping up pig, ready to eat dinner! White meat means a
domestic pig, red meat means wild pig. This one was white meat.
It was SO good!!! Amazing! We had white rice, octopus with coconut milk and tea leaves, potatoe/mac salad and soda pop.

1 comment:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I don't know if I could live in Hawaii if this is what I would have to eat! More power to you guys!